TREND accepts and encourages submissions! TREND
seeks quality writing and art about trends across the globe and their impacts on people.TREND
accepts work in all media transmittable through the Web technology. This includes (and is
not limited to):
words (prose, poetry, short
stories, fiction or non fiction)
visual arts (paintings, textiles, sculpture, film, photography)
electronic arts (computer animations)
sound (song, voice)
- Material may also be submitted by postal mail to:
PO Box 2605
Seattle WA 98111 USA
- If you want your materials returned, postal mail must
include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (or box) with correct return postage. Materials
submitted without return postage will be considered property of TREND or
may be disposed.
- Material in electronic format may also be submitted by mail.
3.5" 1.44MB floppy, video and audiocassettes, CD-ROM, Iomega 100MB ZIP formats
are currently accepted. Contact us regarding other media.
- Photographs, and scannable flat art up to 8.5" X
11" are accepted. Three-dimensional art is best represented by photographs up to
8.5" x 11". 35mm slides are accepted.
- To submit paper-based written articles, send a high quality,
single-sided 8.5" x 11" photocopy typed in double space on plain, white paper.
Use a normal font so that an optical character reader may easily scan it.
- Include your name, address, phone numbers and email on the
first page of any article or manuscript you submit, or mark any artwork with this
information (e.g., label your floppy).
- There is no word or size limit to submissions, however the
form should be appropriate to the medium of Web-based communication. Writing must be
concise. This medium demands clarity, impact, and easy readability. Length is
unimportant, succinctness is.
- Feel free to submit multiple works, or multiple times.
- TREND accepts only wholly original work. By
submitting, you certify that the entry is your own, original work. It is the
submitters responsibility that all copyright permissions are obtained for
republication or when reusing elements of anothers work (e.g., collage, computer
manipulation of art and photos). You must hold model releases for images of people.
- Include a biography of 400 words or less. Indicate contact
information (mailing address, phone number, fax number and email) suitable for publishing
on the internet. We do not suggest using home/personal information; use a business or post
- Include a photograph (up to 8 ½" X 11") of
yourself, or another image to represent yourself, for the biographical web page.
- You may include an artists statement of 250 words or
less about your work that explains its relationship to the magazines subject and
- Artwork may be used for illustrative purposes (e.g.,
appearing with an article) or by itself.
- TRENDs primary language of
publication is English. When submitting work in another language, please include an
English language translation. Whenever possible, we will publish your work in both
- We will take the utmost care with the materials you provide.
We cannot, however, be responsible for loss or damage. Do not send any original work.
- By submitting your work for consideration, you give TREND
permission to publish the work for an indefinite time, in electronic, print and other
media, including promotional and advertising use. The artist retains all copyrights and we
will post this notice with your work. TREND is not responsible for
copyright violations or misuse by others.
TREND depends on its members and
volunteers. We may take some time to reply to unsolicited manuscripts and several weeks to
reply to queries. This is not a reflection of our assessment or interest in your work.
TREND is a trademark of Trend Ventures LLC.